Our most valuable resource is our people, who carry forth Ecovative’s traditions, values and long-standing reputation for performance. We invest the time and energy to recruit, train and develop the best talent in our industry.
Please see the below job openings and contact us with inquiries about joining our team. Ecovative Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TESTING, VERIFICIATION, BUILDING SCIENCE TEAM POSTION
Ecovative Energy Inc. is a building science and sustainability consulting company that specializes in quality assurance and certifications management for high performance buildings, code and program compliance systems testing, building systems optimization and building troubleshooting. We have cultivated a culture of balance, personal growth and professionalism. Our project involvement spans from the design stage through building occupancy and our geographical reach covers the mid-Atlantic region (with most of our work concentrated in Hampton Roads).
We are seeking a passionate and detail oriented person to join our testing/verification/building science team. As a Building Systems Testing & Optimization Technician you will be trained to use equipment which tests the performance of building envelopes and hvac systems. You will be responsible for integrating yourself into our projects and workflow (we will help you with this) and you will eventually be in charge of your own schedule. You will be working alone 50% or more of the time but you will be interacting frequently with the project teams we work with. Your interactions with project teams will be both verbal and typed communication so professional appearance, demeanor and writing skills are essential. Additionally, you will be expected/encouraged/incentivized to apply your passion and communication skills to the expansion of the division through community/social/professional outreach.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible care and security of testing equipment and company property.
- Communication with project teams for coordination of site visits/testing. (A pro-active approach to relationships and punctuality are imperative)
- Optimization of your weekly schedule to ensure peak efficiency in the deployment of your skills/services.
- Responsible transportation of yourself and equipment to/from project sites. (Clean driving record and reliable transportation)
- Deployment and use of test equipment (requires physical fitness)
- Use of software and proficiency with technology (we work exclusively on mobile devices)
- Professional and courteous communication in relaying the test results and why/how things can be improved. (Strong verbal and written communication skills a must)
- Follow-up with applicable project or company team members to ensure continuity and accountability
- Track your drive time, site time and miles
- Complete training, testing and continuing education as required for certifications
- Provide a weekly highlight of your most interesting moment(s) at work (photo(s), typed overview, template provided)
- Perform monthly outreach and participation with applicable organizations and people who are impacting building performance, sustainability, energy efficiency, etc.
- Maintain working knowledge of applicable standards and codes
- Communicate openly with the rest of the team your thoughts, ideas, concerns and questions.
- Seek knowledge and happiness always
If you have a mind that is always working to solve problems and a passion for the planet then you may have just stumbled across the company you have been looking for. Building science is complex enough to keep us challenged and our application of services is impactful enough to create measurable reductions to green house gasses. We get to verify through measurement, the positive impact that project teams can have on buildings and the planet. This is something that excites and motivates us everyday! If you are excited and motivated by this too then we would love to talk with you.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.